Arkansas, population 221 (2010 U.S. Census), is located in Marion County,
Arkansas, amid the beautiful Ozark Mountains.
The town began around 1901 when the railroad entered the area. The Foster and Bradford families
donated property for the town. Other families soon moved to
the area to work on the railroad.
The original old school
house is on the National Register of Historic Places. The school house and the Pyatt community building were both constructed by WPA workers
in the early 1930s from hand-quarried rock. The first bank,
the Bank of Pyatt, is still standing. It has been renovated
but retains the original look and structure. This building
is also made from hand-quarried stone.
is located in north central Arkansas, about 30 miles south
of the Arkansas-Missouri state line. It is accessed by a major
non-Interstate east-west route, U.S. Highway 412/62. Less-traveled
state highways 324 and 125 also lead into Pyatt. The town is
situated on Crooked Creek, a popular fishing stream during
Nearest Interstate highways are Interstate
44 (100 miles north) and Interstate 40 (100 miles south).